Ant 101 Week 1 Quiz Incorporating Sources
1. Etiquette is best defined as
2. An ethnic group commonly originates as
3. According to Ruth Benedict, which of the following was true of Zuñi culture?
4. The first anthropologist to hold a position at a university was
5. Which of the following is most characteristic of participant observation?
6. Ruth Benedict’s major contribution to the history of anthropology was which of the following ideas?
7. Which of the following best defines culture?
8. One of Boas’ famous students who took up an interest in human psychology was
9. Ruth Benedict’s book, Patterns of Culture, illustrated which of the following?
10. What did Alfred Kroeber mean when he said that although people carry culture, it is “an entity in itself”?