ACC 618 Week 4 Assignment Case Study: Gee Wiz / Professional Ethics for the Accountant
Case Study: Gee Wiz [CLOs: 3, 4]. Due by Day 7. Read Case Study 4-6: Gee Wiz in Chapter 4, page 237 of your text.
In two to three pages, supported by evidence from your text and from other research (at least one resource is required), answer the following questions:
- Do you think it is ethically appropriately for Wanda David to provide tax services to Wiz, an audit client and
customer of her employer, Gee, LLC, at the same time she works for the audit firm and is part of the audit
engagement team on the Wiz audit? Why or why not?
- Has David violated any of her ethical responsibilities to Wiz? How about her ethical responsibilities to Gee,
LLC? Be specific and reference the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct in answering the question.
- Assume you are David’s new boss in Chicago and just found out about her dual role as the tax accountant for Wiz and auditor for the firm on the Wiz audit. What would you do at this point?
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Coursenameandnumber o Instructor’s name
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.