Designing Lesson Plans: Accommodations/Modifications for Bianca [CLO: 1]. Due by Day 7. This assignment assesses your ability to evaluate the effectiveness of contemporary practices for measuring and evaluating student progress. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 1 and MASE Program Learning Outcomes 3 and 5.
As you have learned in the readings for this week, the Common Core is simply a framework of standards in which lessons and instruction are built. When working with students with mild to moderate disabilities, it may be appropriate to provide specific accommodations to “level the playing field” based on their specific needs and IEP.
Using support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, submit the following for evaluation. Use the below guidelines for creating your written assignment. If you have questions about the assignment or the rubric, please contact your instructor using the “Ask Your Instructor” discussion before the due date.
- Lesson Plan (4 points): Revise the lesson plan you submitted for the Week One Assignment to include specific accommodations and/or modifications in accordance with Bianca’s IEP.
- Justification (4 points): Write one page of justification for your revisions explaining how the accommodations or modifications you developed are in accordance with the IEP. Format the document in APA with a separate title and references page.
- Syntax and Mechanics (1 point): Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, and organization
throughout your submission.
- Organization (.5 points): Use the lesson plan template provided.
- Source Requirement (1 point): Reference at least three scholarly sources, which may include your
course textbook, in order to provide credible evidence to support your ideas.