HSM 201 Week 3 Assignment Critical Infrastructure and a Cyberattack
Critical Infrastructure and a Cyberattack. Due by Day 7. Presidential Decision Directive 21 (PDD-21) identifies 16 critical infrastructures. PDD-21 lays out the national policy to maintain secure, functioning and resilient critical infrastructure. Select a critical infrastructure sector from the list below and discuss the impact that a cyberattack could have on that system or service:
Communication Sector (voice communications, digital communications, or navigation) Energy Sector (electric power grid)
Water and Wastewater Systems Sector (water supply or sewage)
Healthcare and Public Health Sector (hospitals)
Transportation Systems Sector (rail or air) Financial Services Sector (banking )
It is the
reaching and devastating effect of a cyberattack. To demonstrate the interconnectedness of critical infrastructure,
third and fourth order effects from the cyberattack on the chosen critical infrastructure that shows the far explain the cascading effects on other critical infrastructure. Then, discuss the measures DHS has taken to ensure resiliency of the selected infrastructure and the measures that need to be implemented in the future.
The Critical Infrastructure and a Cyberattack assignment
- Must be three to four pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to
APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
o Course name and number o Instructor’sname
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement. The thesis must be in both the introduction and the conclusion.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources or official government sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center.