Ashford POL 201 POL/201 POL201 WEEK 3 QUIZ Solutions (Updated 2017)
- During times of war, presidents often extend their powers and sometimes limit individual rights in the name of protecting the country and its citizens. This is referred to as
- According to the Constitution, how many justices must comprise the Supreme Court?
- Which president would be characterized as active-positive based on James Barber’s scale?
- This power allows the president to release from prison anyone who has committed a federal crime.
- The Judiciary Act of 1789 divided the country into this many court districts.
- What event provided the impetus to do away with the spoils system and reform the federal civil service?
- Which is not part of a president’s political administration?
- In what fashion is the federal bureaucracy structured to carry out the law?
- The secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture is an example of what type of political appointment?
- This act required all able-bodied white male citizens between the ages of 18 and 45 to enroll in their state’s militia.