ECET 310 Week 5 Homework 5_1 Answers / Communications Systems with Lab
1. Determine the Nyquist sample rate for a maximum analog input frequency of:
2. Determine the dynamic range for a 10-bit sign-magnitude PCM code.
3. Determine the minimum number of bits required in a PCM code for a dynamicrange of 80 dB. What is the coding efficiency?
4. For a resolution of 0.04 V, determine the voltages for the following linear seven- bit sign magnitude PCM codes.
5. Determine the resolution and quantization error for an eight-bit linear sign magnitude PCM code for a maximum decoded voltage of 1.27 V.
6. For a 12-bit linear PCM code with a resolution of 0.02 V, determine the voltage range that would be converted to the following PCM codes.
7. A µ-law compression encoder has:
8. Repeat problem 7 for µ = 0.