ECET 310 Week 7 Homework 7_1 Answers / Communications Systems with Lab
1. For a QPSK system and the given parameters, determine
2. Which system requires the highest Eb/No ratio for a probability of error of 10-7,
four-level QAM or 8-PSK system?
3. Determine the minimum bandwidth required to achieve a P(e) of 10-4 for a 16-PSK system operating at 25 Mbps with a carrier-to-noise ratio of 10 dB.
4. A PCM-TDM system multiplexes 32 voice channels each with a bandwidth of 0 Khz to 4 KHz. Each sample is encoded with an 8-bit PCM code. UPNRZ encoding is used. Determine:
5. Consider a PCM-TDM system in which 24 signals are to be processed. Each signal has a baseband bandwidth of 3 KHz. The sampling rate has to be 33.3% higher than the theoretical minimum, and 8 bits are to be used. Conventional NRZ-L encoding format is used. An extra bit is added to each frame for sync. Determine: