ECET 340 Homework 3 Answers / Microprocessor Interfacing with Lab
Chapter 9: Timer Programming in Assembly and C
1. How many free-running timers do we have in the HCS12?
2. TCNT of the HCS12 is
3. For accurate reading, the TCNT is accessed as (8-bit, 16-bit).
4. The free-running timer supports a highest prescaler value of
5. The free-running timer supports a lowest prescaler value of
6. Which register holds the TOF?
7. How do we enable the free-running timer?
10. Find the frequency and period used by the free-running timer if the crystal attached to the
20. Assume that XTAL = 4 MHz. Find the value needed to generate a time delay of 5 ms.
25. Program channel 2 for Output Compare to generate a square wave of 1 kHz with 50%
29. Explain the role of the TIOS register for the Input Capture function.
32. Explain the role of TCTL3 and TCLT4 in Input Capture function programming.