MGMT 404 Quiz 4 Answers / Project Management
- (TCO 1) Which document is created during the initiation phase of a project?
- (TCO 1) Projects have specific attributes. Which of the following is not an attribute of a project?
- (TCO 2) Which step of the project life cycle defines all of the project deliverables?
- (TCO 2) Which statement is an example of a project deliverable?
- (TCO 3) The critical path in a project describes which of the following?
- (TCO 3) What values are calculated on the forward pass of a project network?
- (TCO 5) In which process of risk management is the risk register initially created?
- (TCO 5) A risk matrix is used in _____ to _____. A risk register is a _____.
- (TCO 1) Before one can begin writing a charter, one must consider the most appropriate organization for the project. You are the project manager for an organization that builds doors and windows for homes. Which organization structure of the five types is most suitable? Why?
- (TCO 2) You are reaching the end of your graduate school program and are planning a large party to celebrate your success! You have rented out the local forest preserve as the venue for your party. Applying your project management skills, you want to ensure you have everything planned out and you’ve asked your family and friends to be a part of your team to hold this party. At your party, you have made it clear to your team what you want to have delivered. After all, it’s your party— you can have whatever you want! Some of the key items you want at your party include
- (TCO 3) Compare and contrast crashing and fast tracking as a means of schedule compression.
- (TCO 5) A firm hosts data-mining servers and performs data mining for other companies that do not desire the costs of hardware, software, or expertise to data mine their data. The firm is planning to roll out faster data-mining software that will reduce the time to sift through customers’ data by a fraction of the present time.
Part 1: List and discuss the major risk management functions from a project management perspective for the data-mining software project. (15 points)
Part 2: Describe a positive and negative risk event, the consequences, and the risk-response plans for the data-mining software project. (15 points)
- (TCO 9) List and describe at least three key differences between risk management in an agile environment and risk management in a traditional project.