Strayer MGT 500 MGT/500 MGT500 Final exam Part 2 Solutions (Spring 2017)
- Which of the following refers to the tendency to place the primary responsibility for one’s success or failure either within oneself or on outside forces?
- An evaluation that predisposes a person to act in a certain way is called a(n)
- ___ is the process by which individuals screen and select the various objects and stimuli that vie for their attention.
- Which of the following is defined as the tendency to direct much of one’s behavior toward the acquisition of power and the manipulation of others for personal gain?
- The Michigan researchers used the term ____ for leaders who established high performance goals and displayed supportive behavior toward subordinates.
- Two leadership styles used by Fiedler in his contingency theory were
- A(n)____ leader works to fulfill subordinated needs and goals as well as to achieve the organization’s larger mission.
- ____ works best for employees with moderate readiness, according to Hersey and Blanchard.
- ____ describe the most basic human physical needs, including food, water and oxygen
- According to Herzberg, ____ is an example of a hygiene factor.
- The removal of an unpleasant consequence following a desired behavior is referred to as
- Which of the following is the application of motivational theories to the structure of work for improving productivity and satisfaction?
- The desire to form close personal relationships, avoid conflict, and establish warm friendships, describes
- Information distortion or loss of message content is a major problem with
- The skills of ____ require receiving messages to accurately grasp facts and feelings to interpret the meaning of the message.
- ___ is(are) typically ambiguous, concern novel events, and impose great potential for misunderstanding.
- The grapevine is an important means of communication that exists in companies. Most of the information passed through the grapevine is
- Which of the following is a standard of conduct that is shared by team members and guides their behavior?
- ___ is a role in which the individual provides support for team members’ emotional needs.
- A(n) ____ is a person who benefits from team membership but does not make a proportionate contribution to the team’s work.
- Cross-border work teams made up of members of different nationalities whose activities span multiple countries are called
- Which of the following is a quality control approach that emphasizes a relentless pursuit of higher quality and lower costs?
- The ____ ratio refers to the ability of the organization to meet its current debt obligation
- The ____ plans future investments in major assets to be depreciated over several years
- What is the first step in the feedback control system?