ITEC 625 Computer Systems Architecture Final Exam Answers
- The I/O function includes a _________ to coordinate the flow of traffic between internal resources and external devices.
- ________ is used when the DMA module finishes the I/O operation and sends CPU a completion message.
- Greater ability to withstand shock and damage, permits reading and writing individual bytes or small blocks of data, small size makes it useful in portable devices, are all benefits of ___________.
- Adjacent data blocks are separated by _________.
- Data are transferred to and from the disk in __________.
- Scanning information at the same rate by rotating the disk at a fixed speed is known as the _________.
- The disadvantage of _________ is that the amount of data that can be stored on the long outer tracks is only the same as what can be stored on the short inner tracks.
- The set of all the tracks in the same relative position on all the platters is referred to as a _________.
- The sum of the seek time and the rotational latency and transfer time equals the _________, which is the time it takes to read/write the data block.
- RAID level ________ has the highest disk overhead of all RAID types.
- _______ is when the disk rotates more slowly for accesses near the outer edge than for those near the center.