LIBS 150 Introduction to Research Quiz 1.2 Understanding and Using Boolean Operators Answers
Type the Boolean operator (AND, OR, or NOT) that best fits in the search statement to satisfy the search criterion stated.
- Find information on pollution in the Chesapeake Bay. “Chesapeake Bay”
- Find information on the effect of plastics recycling on the environment.
- ind information on renewable energy sources. “renewable energy”
- Find information on obedience training and adult dogs.
- Find information on diabetes in children
- ___ connects the different keywords in your search by requiring all the search terms to be present.
- ___ broadens your search by providing alternative keywords to be searched, and only requires that at least one of the search terms be present in the search results that the database or search engine retrieves for you.
- Some databases use alternative symbols in place of the
- __ is used to exclude records that contain certain keywords.
- __ in a search statement will retrieve records that have any of these keywords/phrases connected by this operator.