NUTR 100 Elements of Nutrition Week 2 Quiz Answers
- Which ONE of the following is NOT a risk factor for metabolic syndrome?
- Where in the gastrointestinal tract does the majority of nutrient digestion and absorption take place?
- Increasing fiber in the diet may decrease symptoms of the gastrointestinal disorder diverticulitis. Which one of the following is not a benefit of eating a high fiber diet?
- Why are carbohydrates important for health?
- The FDA regulates supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering “conventional” foods and drug products.
- What is the name of the process that breaks foods apart into smaller units?
- What is the name of the structure whose primary function is to store and concentrate bile?
- Which of the following is NOT a digestive disorder?
- What percentage of the Daily Value of fiber is contained by a food considered to be a “good source of fiber”?
- What is the name of the organelle in the cell that produces energy?