PMAN 635 Final Exam Answers
Part I: The first part will carry a weight of 40% of the total grade.
1. The amount of time a noncritical task can be delayed without delaying the project is called?
2. Slack is calculated as?
3. What is the expected time to complete a task with an optimistic, most likely, and pessimistic times of 3, 4, and 7 days respectively?
4. Which of the following is an extension to PERT/CPM?
5. An identifiable state resulting from the completion of one or more activities is called?
6. The primary cause of concern in resource allocation is
7. A project that cannot go over budget is considered
8. The task duration with standard-practice resource usage is referred to as the
9. A task has a normal duration of 9 days and a crash duration of 7 days. Its normal cost is $40 and its crash cost is $100. What is the crash cost per day?
10. Which of the following is NOT associated with the spreadsheet model used to solve the crashing problem?
11. Project monitoring and control can be thought of as opposite sides of project selection and planning
12. Control is the collection, recording, and reporting of project information
13. The purpose of control is to ensure that all interested parties have the information they need.
14. The most important use of data gathered from monitoring is learning from mistakes.
15. The most important use of data gathered from monitoring is control.
17. Which of the following is NOT a tool used to aid the PM in project control?
18. The most common source of changes to a project based on the natural tendency of the client and project team members to improve the project’s output is called
19. Which of the following is NOT true regarding meetings?
20. The first step in setting up a monitoring system is to:
21. Which of the following is NOT a type of project termination mentioned in the text?
22. Which of the following is most closely associated with the output of a project becoming a standard part of the operating systems of the sponsoring firm or client?
23. Which of the following is NOT a main duty of the termination manager?
24. Which of the following is typically NOT included in the project final report?
25. Which of the following is NOT part of a termination project?
Part II: Part II which will carry a weight of 60%. All questions in Part II are weighted equally. Make sure to show calculations (where appropriate) and always explain your results. If there are no explanations, points will be deducted even if the answer is correct.